According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, more than 900,000 people are employed by small businesses in Louisiana, accounting for more than half of the private workforce. Despite this, many small businesses struggle with payroll issues that result in frustrated employees, costly fines for falling out of compliance, and even the risk of legal action.
Fortunately, NetPEO can provide you with a small business payroll company in Louisiana that can help you avoid these issues while also providing HR services such as payroll that many small businesses cannot afford to maintain in-house.
How a Louisiana Small Business Payroll Company Can Help
Employee turnover, ever-changing governmental regulations, other business obligations, and record-keeping are some of the common pain points suffered by small businesses who are trying to manage payroll without the benefit of an in-house accountant or human resources department.
By partnering with a Louisiana small business payroll company, your business has advantages such as:
- Complete payroll administration, including direct deposit, managing wage garnishments, and the tracking of sick days and vacation days
- Instant payroll reporting provides you with immediate records as soon as payroll is processed, such as checks, check stubs, and payroll reports.
- Online payroll entry allows businesses to do the tasks of payroll on their own, with the use of a Louisiana small business payroll company’s powerful software, and the facilitation of the ability to print checks, have checks printed on your logo, or direct deposits made into the employees’ accounts.
- Assistance with managing taxes and deductions properly to avoid government penalties
- Additional support with union dues, unemployment claims, worker’s compensation deductions, and other issues frequently take time and focus away from different business needs.
Common Issues Small Business in Louisiana Face with Payroll
Without access to online payroll software, a firm and ever-evolving knowledge of tax compliance, and a lot of time to focus on payroll, small businesses frequently face issues such as:
- Misclassification of employment status, such as classifying an employee as an independent contractor. This type of issue can cause problems for the employee, such as preventing them from obtaining benefits that they’re entitled to receive based on their employment status or even causing nightmare issues for them at tax time.
- The proper calculation of tax withholding. Failing to pay a fair share of payroll taxes or properly withhold taxes from an employee’s earnings can result in a business not complying with state and federal tax regulations.
- Managing employee changes, such as a change of address, can result in improper tax withholding.
- Human error resulting from manual payroll duties at companies that cannot afford to purchase payroll software and are instead keeping the books manually
- Privacy concerns regarding the manual storage of employee records
How Outsourcing Payroll Can Help Avoid Costly Errors
Outsourcing payroll can help avoid costly errors by introducing your small business payroll records to online payroll software’s fast and accurate results. A team of dedicated professionals who are not sharing their time and attention with all of the tasks of running your business; simply the task of providing payroll services for you.
With a new focus on payroll and nothing but payroll, your Louisiana small business payroll company can help avoid errors that can result in disgruntled employees, confusion at tax time, or even penalties from the government. You can rest assured that vacation and sick time is being properly calculated, the employment status of your workers is appropriately classified, and your payroll taxes are filed on time.
If you’ve never been able to provide your employees with direct deposit options, this is another service that can be gained through a co-employment arrangement with a Louisiana small business payroll company. Additionally, wage garnishments can be handled with ease, and you will be able to pull up payroll reports any time you need the information.
What It Means to Enter Co-Employment with a Small Business Payroll Company
Co-employment with a professional employer organization (PEO), such as a Louisiana small business payroll company, is a contractual relationship where the business and the PEO share specific employment responsibilities. While many companies fear that entering into such a relationship will cause them to lose control over their employees.
The arrangement provides small business owners with more time to focus on the day-to-day operations of their business while ceding the responsibilities of payroll, government compliance, record-keeping of information such as sick day and vacation day accrual and usage, and much more.
Finding a Louisiana Small Business Payroll Company to Meet Your Needs
NetPEO strives to find a company that can meet your needs. You control the arrangement, determining which payroll services you want to outsource and which you’d rather keep in-house. You never have to worry about dealing with a fraudulent payroll company: we carefully vet the companies to ensure that only those that are reputable and highly regarded by past and current clients are available to provide services for you.
When you decide that it’s time to outsource your payroll, NetPEO will immediately begin looking for the best Louisiana small business payroll companies that can meet your needs. When we have several for you to choose from, we will provide you with their names and prices to decide which one will work best for you.
Get Started Today
For many small business owners, the relief that comes from knowing their payroll is accurate, prompt, and available is the deep breath they need to refocus on other business areas to succeed in a challenging business climate. To receive a free consultation, contact us online or by calling us. We will learn more about what you need and begin our search for your Louisiana small business payroll company right away.