Small businesses are an important part of the U.S. economy and the fabric of our nation. Their contribution to the marketplace is essential, but in order for them to do what they do best, they often need a boost from a team of seasoned professionals.
If your small business is suffering from payroll mistakes, costly lawsuits, and other accounting errors, you could benefit from outsourcing your payroll department to a third party organization with decades of experience. Your small business payroll company in Raleigh is a cost-effective solution to all your payroll problems.
How Your Organization Can Benefit From a Small Business Payroll Company in Raleigh
Outsourcing your payroll tasks is significantly less expensive than hiring in-house employees to perform them. That means, when you hire a payroll company, you’ll get first-rate payroll services and an abundance of leftover time and money that can be spent on projects that move your business forward.
There are a number of tasks you can outsource to your small business payroll company in Raleigh. You and your employees will be thrilled with the quality and dependability of their services. Here’s what a payroll company can do for you:
- The basics. As a business owner, you depend on your payroll employees to get your workers paid the right amount at the correct time, but that doesn’t always happen when your payroll department is in-house. Hiring a small business payroll company will ensure your employees receive their direct deposits and W-2s on time.
- Employee portals. Outsourcing your payroll department can improve your employees’ access to their personal payroll data. That’s because your payroll outsourcing company can provide your workers with a user-friendly portal to view and print their payroll information. The same software can also be used by managers and executives to review timesheets and craft employee schedules.
- Administrative payroll services. When you partner with a small business payroll company in Raleigh, you’ll gain access to services like new hire payroll reporting, sick day accrual tracking, wage garnishment solutions, and more.
- Payroll reporting. One of the most helpful perks of hiring a payroll company is instant payroll reporting. Your new provider will be able to offer you concise, accurate, and easy to understand payroll reports as soon as you need them.
- Employee benefits. Managing and administering employee benefits, vacation time, and PTO can be a major headache. Luckily, your payroll company will be able to handle all your worker benefits in an effective and timely manner.
A Small Business Payroll Company in Raleigh Can Help You Avoid Common Payroll Mistakes
It can be hard for small businesses to find experienced payroll employees who are willing to take their chances with a new company, instead of accepting a position at a more established organization. Unfortunately, this forces small businesses to hire less qualified payroll workers which almost always results in mistakes being made.
The good news is that your small business payroll company in Raleigh can help you prevent payroll errors from ever arising. Their expert payroll specialists have years of experience helping businesses like yours run as efficiently as possible. Here are some of the common payroll mistakes your new provider will help your company avoid:
Incorrectly Inputting Workers Into the Payroll System
When entering new hires into your company’s payroll system, it’s common for payroll workers to accidentally classify an employee as an independent contractor, or vice versa. This can cause problems when your employee has to file taxes and can also land you in hot water with the IRS.
A small business payroll company can make sure your workers are classified correctly so that they can file their taxes with ease, and you don’t have to worry about facing penalties or other legal repercussions from the federal government.
Not Accounting for Bonuses
Instead of traditional cash bonuses, it’s common for business owners and managers to give their employees gift cards to local coffee shops and restaurants. Gift cards are a wonderful way to show your workers that they’re appreciated, but inexperienced payroll employees often forget that non-cash bonuses still count as income.
Employees have to pay taxes on all bonuses, including gift cards. So, issues can arise if all bonuses aren’t included in their tax documents. Your small business payroll company only works with the best payroll agents in the field, so you can be sure that all non-cash bonuses will be accounted for correctly.
Your Payroll Company Can Give Your Small Business Access to Helpful Software
If you want your company to enter its own payroll information, but you lack the necessary technology, we can offer you access to our very own NetPEO Connection™ software. This easy to use online program allows you to enter all your payroll related information, check it for errors, and send it to your provider for processing.
The advantages that come with our payroll software are absolutely game-changing for any small business that needs assistance handling their payroll information. Here are some of the features that make our payroll connection software so helpful:
- Guided templates to help you enter new hires
- Employee auto-pay
- Sort employee data by multiple fields
- Easily export timesheets to Excel
- View or build your own reports
Call Today and Get a Free Quote
At NetPEO, we pride ourselves on our ability to anticipate your payroll needs, connect you with a reliable provider, and ensure your business won’t suffer from frustrating payroll issues and mistakes ever again. We have over five decades of experience providing high-quality payroll solutions, so we’re sure we can live up to your expectations.
Call us or fill out a contact form online to schedule a free consultation and quote. Whether you need to outsource your entire payroll department, or you just need a few tasks handled, we’ll find you a small business payroll company in Raleigh that will meet all your needs.