Your employees want the best benefits—and you want the best possible employees. But for many businesses, it’s hard to compete with the benefits that top companies offer. Great benefits often cost way too much, and managing them adds layers of complexity and compliance issues. So how do you nab better benefits, at a cost you can live with? One solution is to partner with a Georgia PEO company.
A PEO or professional employer organization is a partner organization that helps you offer the best benefits at the lowest possible price, and handles all of your HR work for you. Working with a PEO means being part of an alliance that offers Fortune 100 benefits no matter what size business you run.
Benefits of working with a PEO include:
- Offering better benefits and attracting the best employees
- Lowering the cost of your benefits program
- Having a full service HR department without hiring HR staff
- Total compliance with Obamacare and other government regulations
NetPEO has decades of experience in the PEO industry in Georgia. Call us for a free quote and find out what we can do for your company. Fill out the form to your right or contact us and get your free quote today.
What is a PEO?
A PEO is a separate business that operates as if it is your partner. The relationship between your company and your PEO is officially known as “co-employment.” Under co-employment, the PEO acts as if it is your workers’ employer for certain purposes. You keep full control over your company, and you retain all the power to make hiring and firing decisions, and manage your workers. But the PEO takes responsibility for human resources and benefits-related duties.
Having a PEO is much more powerful than just outsourcing your HR work. If you outsource HR, your provider is still a separate entity from you; they cannot bring you under their benefits network umbrella, nor do they have legal authority in employee disputes.
A PEO on the other hand can do much more. Because they co-employ your employees, you are technically one entity for the purpose of benefits. This gives you the prestige and leverage of a large organization when bargaining for benefits prices. With a PEO you can get the best possible prices for your benefits, and your PEO can act on your behalf in any legal matter with your employees.
How Does Co-Employment Work?
In co-employment, both parties have separate roles:
- You are the business owner. You will always be the primary employer of your employees, and the PEO always follows your lead. You set employees’ duties and have all the executive power in the relationship.
- The PEO does the work. As your partner, the PEO will handle a specific range of employer duties. For example, the PEO can handle payroll, tax withholding, and benefits administration. They also have the power to resolve disputes on your behalf, including discrimination claims, workers comp claims, unemployment claims and more. Often, a PEO can even help lower your employee turnover rate.
What Can a Georgia PEO Company do for my Business?
Your PEO offers all the advantages of a large, experienced, professional HR service. They are a one stop shop so you never have to think about benefits, payroll, or dispute resolution again.
Some of the services provided by a PEO include:
- Benefits & benefits administration. Your PEO will help you get access to better benefits packages, typically at much lower prices than you could find on your own. You can finally provide your employees with full dental, vision and medical care as well as a great retirement plan—plus countless perks.
- Obamacare/ACA compliance. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has added more complexity to managing employee healthcare plans. Your PEO can handle ACA requirements for you and make sure you’re in full compliance.
- Payroll can finally be pain-free. Give your employees electronic W2s, direct deposit, digital pay stubs, and amazing customer service—and get reports in seconds.
- Claim resolution. From workers comp claims to wrongful termination allegations, you can let your PEO manage any claim, at a fraction of the cost.
- End to end HR support. A PEO gives you all the benefits of human resources outsourcing, from policy manuals to the paperwork for hiring and firing. Get all the advantages of a full HR department without hiring staff.
- A good PEO has a recruiting wing and can help screen applicants, onboard new employees and even handle training.
- Performance evaluations. Your PEO can optimize your employee performance evaluations to get meaningful results and spur improvements.
- Strategic development. PEOs have executive experience and understand how to align a company’s culture internally with its long term goals. Your PEO can help you attract the right people and create the company you want.
Perhaps most importantly, your PEO helps you handle all facets of HR professionally and manage risk across your organization.
Related: Atlanta Georgia NetPEO Services
What kinds of businesses use PEOs?
PEOs can make a difference for any kind of business. At NetPEO, our clients include:
- Small businesses with 10 or less employees
- Medium businesses with 100-200 employees
- Large enterprises
- Not-for-profit organizations
Related: Athens Georgia NetPEO Services
What makes NetPEO different from other PEOs in Georgia?
Our founders worked for years in the PEO and HRO businesses before founding NetPEO. In that time, we saw that many HR providers make big promises and fall short of the mark. Often, these companies have large teams of experts but they lack the customer service that their clients expect. We believe there’s a need for a PEO that offers fast, responsive customer service and can adapt as a client grows. That’s why we created NetPEO.
Start Saving Money for Your Business
Our only job at NetPEO is to make your job easier. We deliver full HR services, leading benefits packages, and a comprehensive approach to reducing HR costs. Find out what we can do for you. Fill out the form to your right or contact us and get a free quote today.