Boston is full of twisty roads that wind among the rivers of this port town. If you’re a local business owner reading through employment laws, your mind might feel just as twisted. There are dozens of employment laws on the books, each with heavy penalties if you break them.
A solid HR team is your navigator out of the tangle. One of NetPEO’s Boston HR outsourcing companies can be that navigator. Whether you need a full-service HR solution or just someone to help you handle the harder things, we can help you reduce your liability.
Why Would I Be Liable Without HR Outsourcing?
As the business owner, regulators could hold you responsible for breaking the laws and your business could get punished for it. From simple things like denying breaks to complicated laws reserved for certain industries, you’re responsible for keeping your business compliant.
One example is Boston’s new Paid Family and Medical Leave Act (PFML). This is NOT the federal FMLA act, which also covers leave for family and medical reasons, but a law that just became fully active in Massachusetts.
If you have an HR expert already, you’ve probably been preparing for this law for months. If you don’t have one, you could be held liable for allowing employees to be absent under the program and for paying into the system.
Reduce Your Risk With HR Outsourcing in Boston
Having quality HR staff on your team can protect your business and keep you compliant with regulations, saving you thousands in penalties. It can even help protect you from lawsuits by handling terminations in a professional and legal manner.
Our Boston human resource outsourcing company is much cheaper than hiring your own full-time HR staff, while still keeping you compliant with:
- Tax laws
- Equal opportunity laws
- Workers’ compensation insurance requirements
- Affordable Care Act laws
- Unemployment tax laws
- Break laws
- Overtime laws
- And more
HR is the first line of enforcement of labor laws, both for employees and employers. You don’t want to be unprotected!
Supplement Your HR Staff With an Outsourcing Company
You might already have an HR staff, or have a good familiarity with the laws. But sometimes you need extra HR staff to help. If you’re undergoing a reorganization, opening a new office, or doing a hiring spree, extra HR staff will make it much easier on you.
Our flexible services let you outsource as many people as you need for whatever HR and administrative tasks you require. While many of our clients use us as a complete HR solution, you can work with us as much or as little as you need.
NetPEO’s HR Outsourcing Services in Boston
NetPEO offers Boston businesses as-needed HR services to supplement your current HR team, or a full-service solution. Pick as many of the following items as you need:
- On-site HR software: NetPEO Online is our HR software solution that lets you track everything you need about your employee’s HR data.
- ESS portals: Instead of being the go-to source for basic HR questions, our ESS portal software lets employees and managers handle routine questions themselves. An Employee Self Service portal makes it easy to check things like PTO accrual, tax documents, employee manuals, and more.
- Payroll: NetPEO also offers complete payroll services. We handle deposits, pay structures, payroll entry, tax and withholdings, and more. We can even handle mailing off your checks.
- Recruiting support: Beyond compliance, one of the most important HR tasks is recruitment. Besides finding top talent, we also do pre-employment screenings and onboarding.
- Benefits administration: HR is also responsible for benefits administration. We can use our labor pool to leverage better benefits for you and your employees. This makes your business a more attractive place to work.
- Termination support: Terminating an employee is always tricky. Done wrong, it can open you up to a lawsuit. Let us handle the legalities and ensure unwanted employees are removed without fuss.
- Unemployment: Unemployment is a tremendous benefit for employees, but a real pain for employers without good HR teams. When you’re facing a claim or even an unemployment lawsuit, we can help you.
- Health and safety: Boston still has a lot of manufacturing, and that means training people to be safe on the job. We can set up digital or on-site safety training for your employees.
Whether you require a full scope of services or would rather choose a la carte aid in particular areas, a Boston HR outsourcing firm is your best choice.
When Should I Hire an HR Professional in Boston?
Even before you hire your first employee, it’s useful to sit down with an HR professional and get advice about when to hire a human resources manager. Having staff gives your business much more power to get things done for customers and clients, but it must be done correctly.
Once a Boston business gets beyond five employees, most business owners discover that the time taken up by administrative work sucks up too much profitable time. That’s a good point to call us for a part-time outsourced HR expert in Boston.
Have You Helped My Kind of Boston Business?
Quite likely, yes! NetPEO’s HR outsourcing company has helped businesses across the nation in dozens of different industries. Most of them are small and mid-sized businesses from 5 to over 500 employees.
We know what we must do to stay compliant with HR matters, even in complex industries like healthcare, manufacturing, and legal. Speak to one of our Boston HR outsourcing experts and ask about our client history.
Get The HR Help You Need to Stay Compliant in Boston
All it takes is one investigation to put your business on the radar of a regulator. Are you protected? Once you hire enough employees, new laws like FMLA might become active. Be prepared with our help!
Call us at the number at the top of your screen to make an appointment, or use our contact form to reach us. We’ll be glad to help with your HR outsourcing needs in Boston.