An outstanding benefits package helps you attract and keep top talent. But as the price of benefits keeps going up, many businesses struggle to stay competitive with larger companies’ generous benefit packages. Benefits can also be complicated to administer, stretching the resources of your in-house HR staff. But there is an affordable way to offer great benefits and reduce the burden on HR: you can team up with a Savannah PEO company.
A PEO company, also known as a Professional Employer Organization, partners with you to take care of your employee benefits and HR. A PEO brings together a group of employers to give you access to the type of top-tier benefits that are usually only available to the largest organizations. A PEO is also a full service HR firm that can help you with government compliance, internal HR processes and employee hiring and retention.
The advantages of partnering with a PEO include:
- Attracting more high-performing employees
- Getting the best benefit packages at a lower price
- A decrease in your overall HR costs
- More loyal employees and better employee retention
- Peace of mind that you are in compliance with government regulations, including Obamacare regulations
At NetPEO, we have been helping businesses with PEO and HR outsourcing in Savannah, GA for decades. We’d be happy to discuss your company’s HR needs. Fill out the form to your right or contact us and get a free quote today.
What does a professional employer organization/PEO do?
A PEO is an organization that acts like your human resources partner for certain employment-related purposes. Your PEO is listed on paperwork as the “co-employer” of your employees. The PEO is also the “co-employer” at other businesses it partners with. As a result, the PEO may be a co-employer of thousands of employees, putting it on the same footing as large corporations in negotiating benefit packages for your staff. A PEO lets you offer a less expensive, more competitive benefit package, but does not affect your other relationships with employees or your role in running the business. It’s still your company. The PEO just takes care of some of your human resource needs—and helps save you money.
How is co-employment handled in Savannah?
When your business enters into a co-employment relationship with a PEO, you each have a specific role:
- You are in charge of the business. You are the primary employer and the chief executive. The PEO will follow your instructions.
- The PEO takes care of administrative tasks. You can choose which duties you want to assign to your PEO. In addition to handling benefits, a PEO can administer payroll and tax withholding and handle compliance issues. A PEO can help with HR policies, strategies, recruiting, performance reviews and risk management. A PEO may be involved in employee grievances or claims involving discrimination or other employment-related issues. Many companies that use a PEO report reduced HR costs and improved employee retention.
How can a Savannah PEO company help my business?
A PEO offers all the same services as a high quality human resources provider, plus added benefits. PEO services might include:
- Benefits. A PEO lets you offer a full-featured benefit package at a reduced cost. Benefits might include health, dental and vision insurance, a 401K, flexible spending accounts and other desirable perks. A PEO can handle both the administrative paperwork and employee support, taking benefit administration completely off your plate.
- ACA/Obamacare compliance. The Affordable Care Act has imposed requirements on many businesses, and the laws are almost certain to change in the months and years ahead. A PEO understands the ACA and keeps tabs on legislative developments, allowing your organization to respond quickly as the law changes.
- Payroll. Handling payroll in-house is time consuming, but a PEO can typically process your Savannah business payroll efficiently and at a lower cost. PEOs can handle direct deposits, tax withholding, online self service portals and all other aspects of the payroll process.
- Risk reduction. A PEO puts a team of seasoned HR professionals at your disposal. Your PEO can help you implement strategies to reduce risk, including safety training, anti-discrimination policies, standardized employee complaint procedures, and much more. As a result, your business will be less vulnerable to expensive disputes, claims and lawsuits.
- Recruiting. A top-notch PEO will also help with your recruiting needs, providing headhunting and applicant screening services. A PEO may also assist with onboarding and training your new hires.
- Performance improvement. A PEO can help you develop performance evaluation metrics that align with your company’s goals. This helps employees get clear feedback on what they need to improve and advance. It also helps supervisors see how to motivate their teams to produce the results the company wants.
What kinds of businesses use a PEO in Savannah?
A PEO can benefit companies in almost any industry. NetPEO works with:
- Small companies with fewer than a dozen employees
- Medium-sized businesses with up to 100 employees
- Large companies with hundreds of employees
Why is NetPEO different than other PEOs in Savannah?
Our founders have worked in the PEO and human resources field for decades. Over the years, we’ve seen many PEOs make grand promises and then fail to follow through with the promised results. Many of these firms have stunning technological capabilities, but they don’t focus on customer satisfaction. We believe that businesses benefit most from a PEO that combines solid technology with a strong commitment to customer service. Our clients seem to agree—we have one of the highest client retention rates in the industry.
Start Offering Better Benefits Today
At NetPEO, our mission is to give you a better, easier way to run your business. We’ll help you get an improved employee benefit package for less money, and we’ll keep your administrative functions running without a hitch. Let us provide you with a free quote. Fill out the form to your right or contact us and get a free quote today.