One of the most stressful aspects of running a small business is the number of tasks you are required to complete in a single day. You may have to be a salesperson, a janitor, a laborer, and an HR manager at the same time.
Fortunately, there are options to make your day simpler. Trusting your HR operations to a professional employer organization (PEO) is one way to regain some of your workday. Before you agree to trust your sensitive data with another organization, you likely want to make sure it’s safe to use a PEO.
At NetPEO, we understand your concern. As a PEO brokerage, we work with small businesses just like yours to vet PEOs and connect companies with well-trusted organizations. To get started on your search for a new PEO with NetPEO, call us today at (678) 376-1212 or by completing the form on the right.
What a PEO Can Do to Help Your Small Business
As an HR outsourcing solution, a PEO is there to handle HR matters that are difficult for you to manage in-house. Rather than juggling the tasks yourself, you may use a PEO to:
- Lower risks
- Process payroll
- Administer employee benefits
- Develop self-service access for you and your employees
- Provide additional and improved benefits to help retain employees
- Devise and execute recruitment strategies
- Create an employee handbook
These are a sample of the possible tasks you can entrust to a PEO partner. Not every PEO provider handles all these functions and not all businesses need help in every one of these areas. When you work with NetPEO to find your next partner, we help you find a PEO that provides you with the services your company needs.
Why the Right PEO Matters
Research from the National Association of Professional Employer Organizations (NAPEO) shows that businesses benefit in big ways from their decision to partner with a PEO. When deciding if a PEO is right for your business, consider if:
- Your business could stand to grow 7% to 9% faster
- You’d like to increase your chances of retaining your employees by 10% to 14%
- It makes business sense to lower administrative costs by $450 per employee annually
- You want your business to improve its survivability by up to 50%
These benefits, on top of the services provided to you, can be yours when you partner with the right PEO.
What to Focus on in Your PEO Search
Since you’ll be trusting your employee’s sensitive information to an organization outside of your worksite, it’s important that you feel safe with your partner PEO. You should also make sure that you’re happy with what’s provided to you and how. During your search, check for:
- How long the PEO has been in business
- How experienced the senior management team is
- The training and certification mandated for its staff
- What software they use to handle your data
- What software they provide you with to access your data
- How health insurance costs are distributed for your employees
- What other benefits (e.g., wellness programs, tuition reimbursement) do they offer
- The average retention rate the PEO has with its clients
- How well they can retain their own employees
- Financial statements audited by an independent CPA
- Their status as a Certified Professional Employer Organization (CPEO), or their steps to enter the program
- Contact information for current clients
- Customer service contact options
Improve Your Safety with a PEO Brokerage Like NetPEO
It can be hard for a small business owner to properly vet a PEO. There is a lot of information to process and it can be easy to overlook a vital aspect of the partnership. One misstep could mean that you’re paying for services you don’t need with an organization that doesn’t fit your company’s culture.
The concern about properly vetting PEOs is one reason that many small business owners turn to NetPEO. NetPEO is not a single PEO, but a PEO brokerage.
As a PEO brokerage, our team is responsible for connecting small business owners with PEO service providers that they can trust. We are empowered to do this because we have a verified, national network of high-quality providers, fully vetted by our team of industry experts.
Our commitment to client satisfaction doesn’t end when we connect you with a PEO provider. We regularly follow up with our clients to ensure that their PEO partnership continues to provide them with the value and service they deserve. If you’re ever unhappy with your PEO provider, NetPEO will be there to make things right.
If you want to help ensure your company is safe using a PEO, call us today at (678) 376-1212 for your free initial needs analysis with one of our experienced PEO brokers!